CDC's mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people's lives in some of the world's poorest places. This means investing in the private sector – in businesses of all sizes, banks and infrastructure projects – in Africa and South Asia.
We have a growing team of high quality investment professionals who make this happen. It takes unusually strong commercial skills and investment judgment to invest in difficult places - often using innovative and market leading approaches - yet achieve a positive financial return over the long term.
There is considerable demand for CDC’s capital and assistance and our teams work at a high pace in order to select the most interesting opportunities, to run high quality investment and due diligence processes and also to manage a large and dynamic portfolio.
The CDC mission plays a strong role across the whole organisation. We are not a place for those who are motivated solely by personal financial gain. However, for those who are motivated to use their outstanding skills, judgement and experience in making a difference to the lives of people in the poorest countries of the world, we offer a career steeped in challenge, professional satisfaction and personal fulfilment
CDC’s investment teams support three different strategies, requiring different skills.
- CDC is one of the leading providers of equity capital to private equity funds in Africa and South Asia.
- CDC is rebuilding a capability (which was originally part of its mission when it was formed in 1948) to invest directly in the equity of companies, banks and infrastructure projects.
Debt and Structured Finance
- CDC is also building on its current small team which lends to companies, banks and infrastructure projects.
These teams are key enablers to the success of CDC, providing the organisational support and infrastructure that are required to keep CDC on track with its mission.
- Business Integrity
- Development Impact
- Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Organisational Development/Human Resources (OD/HR)
- Facilities Management
Find out More
What we look for