CDC is hiring
CDC's mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people's lives in some of the world's poorest places. This means investing in the private sector – in businesses of all sizes, banks and infrastructure projects – in sub-Saharan Africa and the poorest regions of South Asia.
We have a growing team of top flight investment professionals who make this happen. It takes unusually strong commercial skills and investment judgment to invest in difficult places, often through innovative, market leading approaches, yet achieve a positive financial return over the long term. These skills include:
- smart, strategic thinking;
- an ability to identify the main drivers of value creation and areas of risk;
- an ability to run an efficient and collaborative investment process to a clear conclusion; and
- making key judgments on management teams and proposed strategies.
Of course these are the skills sought by any private equity group, whether investing directly or through funds. CDC is rather different. Because of our mission to invest in the harder places, with an explicit development impact goal, we are seeking unusual people. We want to hear from people who, by using their exceptional skills, are motivated to achieve a lasting difference to the lives of people in the poorest countries of the world. And who want to help CDC become one of the pre-eminent catalysts of private sector development in these countries.
CDC’s investment teams will support three different strategies, requiring different skills, and we are looking for new members, at all levels of seniority and experience, to supplement all three:-
- Funds investing. CDC is one of the leading providers of equity capital to private equity funds in Africa and South Asia.
- Direct equity investing. CDC is rebuilding a capability (which was originally part of its mission when it was formed in 1948) to invest directly in the equity of companies/banks/infrastructure projects.
- Direct lending. CDC is also building on its current small team which lends to companies/banks/infrastructure projects.
For a list of current roles please click here.