Technical assistance and support
CDC Plus is our technical assistance and support facility, which aims to make a lasting difference to the lives of under-served groups – by increasing economic opportunity, improving standards of living and creating a more sustainable environment. In doing so, it aims to contribute to a number of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (1, 5, 8, 10 and 13).
Using our experience as an investor in emerging markets, we identify and create opportunities that are beyond the scope of returnable capital. And we work closely with the Department for International Development (DFID) to ensure our work complements its own activity.
The facility is funded by DFID, and is intended to support our pipeline and portfolio companies, as well as the wider market in Africa and Asia.
Creating value beyond our portfolio
CDC Plus works with industry stakeholders to develop and test solutions to address business challenges or uncover opportunities in priority sectors and geographies. CDC Plus also seeks to support projects that shape the private sector’s approach to cross-cutting themes such as gender equality, climate change, job quality and human capital.
Adding value to companies in our portfolio
CDC Plus provides support to deepen our portfolio’s development impact. We support our companies to become more inclusive and sustainable by providing technical expertise and in some cases, co-funding, for targeted value-addition activities. For example:
- Improving workforce job quality and gender diversity
- Supporting innovative business models to reach underserved groups through distribution support or by developing new products/services
- Initiating or scaling up smallholder supply schemes
- Improving a company’s natural resource management systems and capabilities
- Providing expertise and capacity building to investees within our Catalyst Strategies to improve their performance and chances of delivering impact
For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org