We were delighted to join fellow development finance institutions (DFIs) Proparco of France and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) of the United States along with the Mastercard Foundation in Kigali, Rwanda to announce the 100 women entrepreneurs who have been selected as winners of our Invest2Impact competition.
Invest2Impact seeks to support the growth of high potential, women-owned businesses to increase their commerciality and impact. The initiative supports women entrepreneurs who have the potential to make a positive impact on their local economies and are strong candidates for investments from development financiers.
We look forward to working with the competition winners to strengthen their businesses, increase momentum for gender-lens investing and support economic growth across the continent.
The goals of 2X Invest2Impact are to:
- Directly reach women-owned businesses that may otherwise face barriers in accessing investment capital;
- Contribute to the community of women business owners and leaders in the region;
- Gather and share learnings on women in business and gender-lens investing;
- Increase visibility and momentum for gender-lens investing; and
- Pilot an investment prospecting model that could be replicated in other regions.